Indian History Questions Answers 10000 MCQ.
The Chinese traveller Fa-hien visited India and left a detailed account of the reign of
Consider the following statements regarding the Vijayanagar empire:
- It was named after the city of Vijayanagara.
- Krishnadeva Raya was the greatest of all the Vijayanagar rulers.
- Kings of Vijayanagar ruled on behalf of Shaivite deity Virupaksha.
- Vijayanagar empire successfully resisted the march of the Delhi Sultans to the south.
2, 3 and 4
1 and 3
1, 2 and 3
1, 2 and 4
The followers of which of the following sects worshipped the Ashoka Tree as God and carried in their hands a bunch of peacock feathers?
Indica'a reliable source for the history of Chandragupta Maurya was written by.
What was considered as Varna Samkara?
Championing the Varnasrama dharma
Revolt against the Varna system
Transgression of Varna boundaries for marriage
Which of the following are true of Jainism?
- It has an affinity with the Vedanta system of philosophy.
- It has an affinity with the Samkhya system of philosophy.
- It completely rejected the concept of the
- According to it the world consists of two eternal categories, viz, conscious (jiva) and unconscious (ajiva).
1 & 3
2 & 3
3 & 4
2 & 4
Why did Shivaji decide to collect 'Chauth' and 'Sardeshmukhi'?
Because of the opposition of Muslim rulers
To expand his territories
To increase the source of income
To consolidate his political influence
Which Mughal ruler's reign has been described as the golden age of medieval art and architecture?
The most important feature of the Dravida style of temple architecture is
The Vijayanagar king who wrote a work 'Amuktamalayada' on the lines of kautilya's Arthashastra, was
Sri Ranga II
Deva Raya II
Which of the following is not among the regions where the Britishers had first set up trading posts?
What is true about Lothal ancient site?
- Lothal was an ancient port of Indus civilization.
- It was excavated by the S.R. Rao
- Currently it is situated in the Pakistan.
Only I, II
Only I, III
All of the above
Chola power was based on all of the following EXCEPT:
control of maritime trade.
its large army.
control of the Deccan plateau.
The most fearless and bold woman leader of the peasant movement, who sacrificed her life to protect peasants' rights, was:
Preeti Lata Wadekar
The Cripps Offer was regarded as a 'post-dated cheque' by
As per Cabinet Mission Plan, the strength of the Constituent Assembly would be
There are 16 questions to complete.